Blogging is considered one of the result driven internet-marketing tools with easy accessibility. A recent survey showed 86% of healthcare professionals willing to generate content in the form of blog posts to provide medical information. With the advent of Web 2.0 platforms like WordPress, LiveJournal, Weebly, Blogger, blogs can be created without much of a hassle. But the biggest hindrance is the marketing aspect. Without adequate internet marketing, your blog won’t be able to withstand serious competition.
In order to make the most of your healthcare blog, you need not rely on existing patients. Instead, you should explore all avenues available on the internet on how to encourage users to read your content. Follow these simple yet effective guidelines to increase your online reach and generate a constant flow of patients:
• Enticing Titles: Title content matters a lot because it is this, which attracts readers. It must be relevant and encouraging enough to catch the eyes of the readers. By just looking at the title, readers should get to know what the blog is all about. Make the title short, clear and captivating. Follow it by a short description of your blog.
• Fascinating Images: Back up your medical blog with pleasing images. It has been proven that readers are attracted to blogs that contain images. Use images that reflect your practice in correct manner. Images capture the idea of content and provide attractive addition to the reader’s eye.
• Drop Flabby Keywords: Keywords play a crucial role in search engine optimization and online marketing, but putting too many keywords in title and body of the blog can actually backfire. This may seem trash content to the reader.
• Optimize Existing Keywords: A relevant keyword research will give you a fair idea of keywords that your audience is using to find your practice. You can then incorporate those keywords in your content and post it on the web. This will strengthen your chances of being found by your target audience.
• Use Social Media To Good Effect: Post your individual blog posts on your Facebook profile. In case of Twitter, tweet your post with diverse messages every time. It is mandatory to create a separate blog page for Facebook and Twitter if you wish to keep a good number of followers. You can do the same with several social networking websites.
• Try Guest Blogging: Share your posts with other communities or write fresh content to capture the attention of a much larger audience. This way, readers will find their posts as a guest on other blogs, which will have lea